Jonathan Bruno turns exceptional advocacy into client success. He focuses his practice on civil litigation and appellate practice. Drawing on his unique experience as an analyst, teacher and judicial clerk, he is able to empower clients through compelling legal argument.
Before joining Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd, Mr. Bruno clerked for the Honorable D. Michael Fisher of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He previously taught at Harvard Law School and the University of Michigan Law School.
A cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School, Mr. Bruno interned for the Honorable Patti B. Saris of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts. He also worked as a summer associate at a premier international law firm in Boston.
Mr. Bruno earned his bachelor’s degree from Oberlin College, studying economics and mathematics and spending a semester at the Burgundy School of Business in France. He went on to earn a PhD in political theory at Harvard.
Active in the community, Mr. Bruno serves on his local municipal planning commission and on the Emerging Leaders Council of Catholic Charities. He lives with his wife and children in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice
- First Amendment, Freedom of Information Act, Right to Know Law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Ph.D. - 2017
- Honors: Robert Noxon Toppan Prize
- Oberlin College
- B.A. with High Honors - 2007
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Appellate Advocacy Committee
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable D. Michael Fisher, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Judicial Law Clerk
- University of Michigan Law School, Assistant Professor of Law (non-tenure track)
- Harvard Law School, Climenko Fellow and Lecturer on Law
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, Summer Associate
- The Honorable Patti B. Saris, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Judicial Intern