Experienced Appellate Representation When You Need It Most
The appellate process has a different flavor to it — a unique dynamic, accompanied by unique rules and expectations. Even the most accomplished trial lawyers can feel out of their element at the appellate stage.
Success on appeal, on the other hand, depends on an attorney’s wealth of experience and specialized skill set, on in-depth research, thoughtful writing, case preparation, persuasive presentations and on the ability to think on one’s feet during intense questioning on appeal.
At Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd LLC our appellate team has counseled clients in a wide range of compelling legal matters and has argued scores of appeals before state and federal appellate courts. We understand the unique perspectives used by appellate courts to make determinations in complex cases and use those insights to fully benefit our clients.
Some recent appellate matters include:
- Successfully participated in securing reargument of a superior court decision vacating an 18-million-dollar products liability award
- Secured Supreme Court Review of a decision vacating a 5-million-dollar products liability award
- Successfully argued for reversal of a trial court decision denying a new trial in a products liability case applying the Tincher standards
- Secured the reversal of a 32-million-dollar personal injury award in an auto accident case
- Successfully participated in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court reversing the trial and intermediate appellate court and establishing the duties of an employer with respect to employee information
- Secured reversal of a trial court decision to dismiss a challenge to the operation of a charitable foundation
- Successfully participated in the reversal of a 14-million-dollar award in asbestos litigation
Extensive Experience, Agile Execution in Federal and State Appellate Courts
Our menu of appellate legal services includes:
- Full-service appellate briefings and arguments
- Appellate brief reviews
- Review of the record for appeal
- General appellate consultation
- United States Supreme Court Certiorari Petitions
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Allocatur Petitions
- Mock oral arguments
- Issue-preservation in the trial court
- King’s Bench/extraordinary jurisdiction practice
Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today
Located in Pittsburgh, Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd LLC serves clients throughout the surrounding area. We welcome the opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of your state or federal appeal during an initial consultation at our Pittsburgh law offices. To get started, call us at 412-206-6695.