- Founder, 2003
Prior to founding Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd, LLC in 2003, Mr. Del Sole was a partner at Reed Smith LLP. Throughout his career he has handled a variety of complex disputes, including: contractual matters; shareholder litigation; trade secrets, design and construction claims; product liability involving industrial equipment, asbestos, vaccines and chemical exposure; insurance coverage; First Amendment matters involving defamation claims and advocating the media's access to public records; director and officer liability; and unfair trade practices and employee non-compete disputes.
Mr. Del Sole also co-chairs the firm’s injury practice group which works to protect the rights of individuals who have suffered serious injuries because of the negligence or carelessness of others. The dedication and experience of the firm’s personal injury group has resulted in millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for individuals. The firm’s successes include: the resolution of an electrocution death case; one of the largest medical malpractice jury awards Allegheny County; a $1.6 million jury award in a motorcycle accident case, an award in excess of $1 million for an individual injured in a premises liability case, and: millions in recovery for the victims of medical malpractice and automobile liability cases.
In recognition of his accomplishments, Mr. Del Sole has been inducted into the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County. Admission into the Academy is by invitation only after an extensive review and election process selecting for membership only those civil trial lawyers who have exhibited excellence and the highest levels of ethical standards and professionalism.
Mr. Del Sole has been recognized as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” since 2011. This is a distinction only given to the top 5% of all Pennsylvania lawyers. The selection process, recognized by bar associations and courts across the United States, is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Mr. Del Sole has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 2011. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
As a result his recoveries on behalf of his clients, Mr. Del Sole is a member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. Less than 1% of all U.S. lawyers are members.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence
- Honors: 1st place - Gourley Cup Trial Competition
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Penn State University
- B.A. - 1991
Honors and Awards
- PBA High School Mock Trial Competition, Regional Coordinator
- Inducted into the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Named in the Top Rated Attorneys in Pittsburgh, as published in the 2013 and 2014 issues of Pittsburgh Magazine
- Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” since 2011
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 2011
- Member, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Judiciary Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Council, Former Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association High School Mock Trial Competition, Regional Coordinator
Past Employment Positions
- Reed Smith LLP, Partner