Attorneys at Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd LLC Have:
- Participated in a multibillion-dollar health care organization bankruptcy including the defense of a high-profile member of the Pittsburgh corporate community.
- Represented a government agency in a $20 million design and construction defect claim related to a multideck parking garage at a major U.S. airport.
- Represented a national manufacturing company and its ESOP in complex litigation against former officers and directors alleging breaches of fiduciary duties, corporate waste and self-dealing. Following a two-week trial in federal court, the company received an award of $13 million.
- Defended banks and financial institutions in class actions arising out of allegedly usurious mortgage loans; our attorneys were involved in every phase of strategic planning, written and deposition discovery and class action briefing.
- Represented a national health care insurer in a class action arising out of the electronic processing of medical claims; the case involved extensive review of policies and procedures and resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Prosecuted a successful multimillion-dollar construction claim on behalf of a steel fabricator against the general contractor on a public works bridge project in New Jersey; the claims involved complex and document-intensive analysis of critical path projections, delay issues and nonconforming work.
- Prosecuted a multimillion-dollar claim for property damage and lost rental income on behalf of the owner of a New York commercial office building damaged in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks; the claims involved complex insurance coverage, environmental, construction and design issues.
- Successfully defended majority shareholders and the corporation in an arbitration brought by minority owners alleging securities fraud in relation to the purchase of the minorities’ interests as well as self-dealing and corporate waste.
- Successfully defended the manufacturer of industrial printing machinery in several product liability actions in West Virginia without any finding of liability against the manufacturer; claimants sought millions of dollars in damages from severe injuries and the lawsuits involved complex engineering and industrial practice issues.
- Resolved various disputes arising out of the purchase and sale of publicly traded and privately owned businesses; these lawsuits involved complex legal issues, extensive discovery and detailed damage analysis.
Cases Handled by Our Appellate Practice:
- Representing the Pennsylvania Legislative Reapportionment Commission in challenges to the 2011-12 statewide reapportionment of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Handling appeals in federal circuit courts addressing the applicability of the political question doctrine and governmental immunity to military contractors
- Obtaining extraordinary review in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to compel the production of documents for the Pennsylvania Interbranch Commission on Juvenile Justice’s investigation into the Luzerne County “cash for kids” scandal
- Representing a casino investment group challenging the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board’s award of a gaming license for the Pittsburgh market
- Successfully obtaining affirmance of a trial verdict in favor of a regional hospital after more than a decade of trial court proceedings
- Obtaining reversal of an $18 million judgment against a real estate development company
How can we help you? Contact us to learn more.
The lawyers at Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd LLC vigorously represent the interests of our clients both in and out of the courtroom. To learn more about how we can help you, call us at 412-388-4531 to schedule an initial consultation.