Amanda D. Betts is an Associate at Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd. Amanda focuses her practice on commercial litigation and personal injury cases.
Before joining Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd, Amanda served as an Assistant District Attorney in Allegheny County where she gained extensive trial experience. Amanda started her legal career serving as a judicial law clerk for The Honorable Meagan Bilik-DeFazio in the Westmoreland County Court of Common Pleas – Criminal Division.
Amanda attended Duquesne University School of Law where she graduated cum laude. While at Duquesne University, she served as the Executive Student Articles Editor for the Duquesne Law Review and participated in the Veterans’ Court Clinic where she advocated for clients in the Allegheny County Veterans’ Court.
Prior to law school, Amanda attended The University of Pittsburgh where she graduated magna cum laude. She earned a bachelor’s degree in both Political Science and French, and received the European Union Studies Certificate. While working towards both degrees, Amanda spent two summers studying abroad in France. During college, Amanda joined Kappa Kappa Gamma where she served on several committees.
Amanda grew up in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania and now resides in Pittsburgh with her husband Brandon.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Participated in the Veterans’ Court Clinic
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: European Union Studies Certificate
- Major: French and Political Science
- Inclusive and Exclusive Concerns of National Identity as Determinants of French Citizens’ Attitudes Towards EU Integration, - Claremont-UC Undergraduate Research Conference on the European Union, Article 7, 2011
- Nelson v. Knight: The Consequences of Being Too Attractive, Employee Relations Law Journal of Wolters Kluwer Law and Business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2017 to 2019
- The Honorable Meagan Bilik-DeFazio of Westmoreland County Common Pleas - Criminal Division, Judicial Law Clerk, 2015 to 2017
- Kappa Kappa Gamma