Appellate Litigation in Pittsburgh
Success on Appeal Requires Specialized Skills and Experience
The Appellate process has a unique dynamic, with unique rules and expectations.
Even the best trial attorneys can get lost in the Appellate stage of litigation.
Our appellate team is headed by trusted Pennsylvania attorneys, the Honorable
Joseph A. Del Sole (ret.) and William S. Stickman. Judge Del Sole served
on the Allegheny County trial court and then on the Pennsylvania Superior
Court for 22 years, the last five of which as President Judge.
William Stickman served as a judicial law clerk to the former Chief Justice
of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Mr. Stickman has counseled clients
on a myriad of appellate matters and has argued dozens of appeals before
state and federal appellate courts.
We have the skills and experience that you need to succeed on appeal. We
understand the unique perspective used by appellate courts to decide cases
and are ready to take your case through the appeal process. We have extensive
appellate experience on all levels of the state and federal appellate process.
Our range of services include:
- Full Service Appellate Briefing
- Appellate Argument
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Allocatur Petitions
- United States Supreme Court Certiorari Petitions
- General Appellate Consulting
- Appellate Brief Review
- Mock Oral Argument
- Issue Preservation in the Trial Court
- Review of the Record for Appeal
- King's Bench/Extraordinary Jurisdiction Practice
Our appellate team's experience includes:
- Representing the Pennsylvania Legislative Reapportionment Commission in
challenges to the 2011-12 statewide reapportionment of the Commonwealth
of Pennsylvania before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court;
- Appeals in federal circuit courts addressing the applicability of the political
question doctrine and governmental immunity to military contractors;
- Obtaining extraordinary review in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to compel
the production of documents for the Pennsylvania Inter-branch Commission
on Juvenile Justice's investigation into the Luzerne County "cash
for kids" scandal;
- Representing a casino investment group challenging the Pennsylvania Gaming
Commission's award of a gaming license for the Pittsburgh market;
- Successfully obtaining affirmance of a trial verdict in favor of a regional
hospital after more than a decade of trial-court proceedings; and
- Obtaining reversal of an 18 million dollar judgment against a real estate
Let us put our skills and experience to work for you.
Contact us today for your appellate trial needs in Pittsburgh and across Pennsylvania.